#1 The PilotPodcast ·
Lalit and Abhijit catch up for a trans-continental chat, recalling life as graduate students in the M. Tech and PhD program at CEDT/DESE IISc Bangalore, postdoc life, and beyond.
- Introducing The Opelex Podcast and its hosts, Abhijit Kshirsagar and Lalit Patnaik.
- The hosts were colleagues during their graduate studies at the Department of Electronics Systems Engineering (DESE), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Note: DESE was earlier called the Centre for Electronics Design and Technology (CEDT).
- “A good teacher can make or break a subject.”
- Design of Power Converters: Graduate course taught by Prof. L. Umanand at IISc.
- Power Electronics Group at DESE, IISc: Lead by Prof. K. Gopakumar and Prof. L. Umanand.
- Smart Transportation Electrification and Energy Research (STEER) Group, Ontario Tech University, headed by Prof. Sheldon Williamson
- Charging Li-ion batteries faster: Constant-Temperature Constant-Voltage (CT-CV) Charging
- Prof Ned Mohan, University of Minnesota
- Modular Multilevel Converters (MMCs)
- LED system for indoor grow lights
- Radiation Tolerant Power Supply: RaToPUS: A Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) to be used in the LHC tunnel.
- Effects of ionizing radiation on electronics.
- “India is one of the biggest new markets for power electronics and energy systems.”
- Tata Nexon: Electric vehicle with 300 km range
- Grid-scale energy storage