#9 Interview With Kartik IyerPodcast ·
An interview with Dr. Kartik Iyer, Staff Electronic Design Engineer, Power Electronics at Tesla.
Kartik Iyer (LinkedIn)
Kartik V. Iyer received the B.Tech. degree from the National Institute of Technology, Surat, India, in 2011, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA, in 2013 and 2017, respectively, all in electrical engineering. He is currently with Tesla, Palo Alto, CA, USA as a Staff Electronics Design Engineer. His research interests include high-frequency magnetics design, multi-level converters, and high-frequency ac-link conversion for renewable energy integration. He has served as a session chair in multiple IEEE conferences and as reviewed papers in premium IEEE journals in the field of Power Electronics.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering at University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. (2017)
- Thesis: Investigation of a High-Frequency Link Single-Stage Asymmetrical Multilevel Converter for Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Systems
- Master’s in electrical engineering at University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. (2013)
- Thesis: Transformer winding losses with round conductors and foil windings for duty-cycle regulated square waveform followed by winding design and comparison for sinusoidal excitation
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering from NIT, Surat (2011)
- Staff Electronic Design Engineer, Power Electronics at Tesla (2020- Present)
- Senior Electronic Design Engineer, Power Electronics at Tesla (2017-2020)
- Intern, Power Electronics at Tesla (2016)
- Intern, Power Electronics at Cummins Power Generation (2015)